Curb Appeal For The Spring Home Selling Season
Attention ALL Homeowners and especially homeowners thinking about selling your home this spring. Here are some basic steps you can take to pretty up your house for the year or to get it ready to sell.
- Power wash the outside of the house. If you have loose, peeling, cracking paint, you’ll need to have the place painted.
- Power wash the windows outside and clean them on the inside.
- Clean out gutters and replace if they’re rusty, bent or look old and in disrepair.
- Rake up leaves and dead vegetation and dispose of it.
- Keep the lawn mowed throughout the sales process. Make sure sidewalks and walkways are edged neatly.
- Get rid of weeds, dandelions and grass growing up through the driveway or sidewalks.
- Trim trees so that no limbs are touching the roof.
- Put bikes, skateboards and scooters in the garage.
- Trim back unruly, unkempt bushes.
- Install low-wattage ground lights along the front walkway.
- Plant bright-colored flowers and keep them watered and looking beautiful. Remove wilted dead blooms religiously.
- Give your front door a fresh coat of paint or replace it.
- Replace the mailbox.
- Apply large, clearly visible house numbers to the front of your house.
- Keep garbage barrels in the garage out of sight.
- Power wash your deck or patio and sand and stain if necessary.